Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I feel like I'm back.

(Jeju-do, S. Korea) - When I am was in grad school, I went through a time were I went more or less cold turkey off of excercising or bike riding. I didn't read much other than work stuff and didn't go out much. Mostly I just worked. I had been in for about 2 years and felt like that I could get back into these things eventually, but right then I needed to buckle down and live like a physics monk for awhile. I thought that close to the end of my Phd. I could branch out again, but that if I didn't buckle down then that I might never finish. I needed to build inertia.

And so it has been with me and the blog. I am leaving Geneva in June and felt that I have just have so much to get down before I go that if I didn't buckle down I might never get it all done. There was Geneva stuff, Hopkins stuff, and still alot of UCLA stuff. Well, we have the first of what hopefully will be a few papers on the UCLA stuff, so I have a big weight off. Other things are going well. I am back baby!

Right now, I am 90km on the south coast of Korea at the 10th APCTP Winter Workshop on Strongly Correlated Electron Systems Jeju-do island. The Asia Pacific Center for Theoretical Physics has an annual meeting where they invite a few international speakers. My old friend Changyoug Kim got me invited this. As I've said before travel and motion are my creative muse and so I feel the irresitible notion to blog again. That and they have wireless modem access in the lecture hall. More to come about what I've been doing the last few days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home